Valentines day is this weekend and if you’re not spending it with a significant other why not have a girls night in a Galentines Day ??? I’ve posted a few ideas before that I think would be perfect for this event! How about a Chocolate Tasting Party or adding a wine glass painting activity to your mix of evening shenanigans! Here are four more great activities I think would be perfect for this weekends Girls Night In!
Use those cute new wine glasses you painted for your wine tasting party.
- Have guests sample five different types of wine (more will overwhelm the palette). It’s fine to mix reds and whites; just serve them in order from lightest to darkest, since darker wines tend to be heavier.
- As a general rule, 15 to 30 minutes before guests arrive, put reds in the refrigerator. Take whites and rosés out a few minutes before pouring.
Show your guests how to taste:
Step 1: Look at it. Is the wine bright (light-bodied) or dark (full-bodied)? Clear (drink up) or cloudy (toss it)?
Step 2: Swirl your glass gently to release the wine’s aromas. Then put your nose deep into the glass (don’t be shy). Is it fruity? Floral? Herbal? Earthy?
Step 3: Hold the wine in your mouth while slowly inhaling air (you’ll make a slurping sound). It may feel odd, but the process aerates the wine and opens up your olfactory sense to enhance its flavors.
- If you know what kinds of fruits or nutty flavors are used in the wines when you buy them go out and buy those for your guests to smell and taste as they drink to help the flavors come out.
- Make sure you also have snacks to help your guests clear they pallet.
Have a baking extravaganza. Try out new recipes, create a giant ice cream bar with all of the fixings, brownies, cookies, sprinkles, whip cream, and anything else under the sun! Have fun in the kitchen decorating cupcakes and eating them of course. While you blare music or put on a fun movie. My pick would be Clueless or Mean girls. Just have a good time goofing off with your girlfriends!
Here are some yummy recipes to get you started:
Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Give each other manicures and pedicures, buy lots of face masks for everyone to try out a foot bath. You can even have guest get together to make your own spa kits. Why not try out making your own foot bath like this recipe here or making your own face mask like these recipes here. Make sure you have enough towels and wash cloths for all of your guests. And tell them to come in their comfy clothing! Also if your guests don’t bring their own head bands make sure you have some ready for them to keep their hair out of those face masks! Don’t forget the fun relaxing music and the girly movies and snacks!
Time to get out your favorite chick flicks for this marathon of an evening. You can also ask your guests to bring along their favorites. Want to know what to include on your movie watching binge? Her campus.com created a list of the 30 best Chick Flicks of all time.
Here is what they said:
- The Notebook (2004)
- Clueless (1995)
- Mean Girls (2004)
- Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion (1997)
- 10 Things I Hate About You (1999)
- Miss Congeniality (2000)
- Sweet Home Alabama (2002)
- The Lucky One (2012)
- The Holiday (2006)
- Valentines Day (2010)
- No Strings Attached (2011)
- Friends with Benefits (2011)
- The Parent Trap (1998)
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (2003)
- Sex and the City (2008)
- 27 Dresses (2008)
- Gone With the Wind (1939)
- A Walk to Remember (2002)
- Crazy, Stupid Love (2011)
- He’s Just Not that Into You (2009)
- When Harry Met Sally (1989)
- The Ugly Truth (2009)
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961)
- Sixteen Candles (1984)
- Sleepless in Seattle (1993)
- Dirty Dancing (1987)
- Bridesmaids (2011)
- Pretty Woman (1990)
- Titanic (1997)
- Legally Blonde (2001)
Now I have some gripes with this list. I’m not sure how Valentines Day made it at number 10 and Love Actually didn’t make the list at all, not that it’s one of my favorites but clearly Love Actually is the movie which Valentines Day is based… But any way. Feel free to tell me which movies you think they left off this list in the comments because I can name at least 30 more!
Don’t forget to check out all of last years Un-Valentines Day Ideas too!