It’s Oscar season! Which means it’s time to look into our Oscar party food options! I have scoured the web looking for the best there is out there and here is what I’ve found. Today I am showing off some classic movie going snacks all dressed up in their Oscar best!
Oscar Tuxedo Dogs
These Oscar tuxedo dogs look delicious and very festive. They come to us from Better Homes and Gardens and sound incredibly easy to make.
Gold Star Dessert
Time for dessert try something easy by just adding these cute gold star sprinkles to your sundae bar. Hey the Oscars are on Sunday night and you’ll be seeing lots of stars tonight! Obviously it works. This cute idea was brought to us by notmartha.org.
Popcorn and Candy Bar
What movie theme night is complete without a popcorn and candy bar? This beautiful display comes to us from drivenbydecor.com. Pick up some spoons or scoops and some popcorn boxes to create this look for yourself!
Have a Hot Coco Bar
photo credit: Home Talk
Decorate your winter wonderland table using natural winter elements like pine and wood, and serve up this adorable hot coco winter display.
Photo Credit: All Women’s Talk
Have some fun outdoors with your friends in a nostalgic setting. Throw around some snow balls, build a snow man, and go sledding before you head inside to that gorgeous hot coco bar to warm up. You can even hand out snow man kits to your guests so they are prepared.
Have a Beer or Wine Tasting Party
Photo Credit: Yutacar
Stay indoors with some delicious craft beers or some wine. No need to go outside during the cold winter months when you could be sipping all of these delicious treats! Pick up a beer or wine kit to add to the fun!
Have A Comfort Food Party
Photo Credit: Wikimedia
Winter is great for comfort food. Warm stews, grilled cheese and tomato bisque, or a hearty casseroles. Have a potluck and ask everyone to bring their favorite winter comfort food to share.
Host a Cookie Decorating Party
Photo Credit: Jennifer Pallian
Stay inside and enjoy some sweets! Make sure you have a cute take home container for everyone to bring their delicious pieces of work home with them.
Nov. 25th is coming up so quickly! If you’re re-watching all of Gilmore Girls to prepare or for the first time (I’m talking to you my little cousins) you better get on it! Thanksgiving is pretty much my favorite holiday to begin with and now I’m getting my favorite show revived during the holiday weekend I’m pretty much in heaven right now. Now since I plan events for a living I couldn’t pass up an opportunity to celebrate the joy that is Gilmore Girls so here we go!
Here is a list of all of your revival party binge supplies:
- Strawberry Pop Tarts create a beautiful display of Strawberry Pop Tarts with one apple in the middle.
- Mallomars– Writing out happy birthday was never tastier.
- Coffee- Not only is it a Gilmore Girls staple but it’s also useful to help yu stay awake through all 4- 90 minute episodes you will be binging on! And you should drink it in this mug of course!
- Pizza- A LOT of Pizza
- Chinese Food- Let the smorgasbord begin
- Indian Food- Because what goes better with Chinese and Pizza than Indian food.
- Mac and Cheese– The Oranger the Better
- Burgers and Fries- If you can serve them in a Luke’s Dinner Bag even better!
- Red Vines- No party is complete without them. And what ever other junk food you can stack up.
- Doughnuts- “I’m starving. I’ve had nothing but doughnuts for two days.” — Rory
- Dessert Sushi– Make it yourself and have a yummy treat just like the Gilmores! And I agree Dessert Sushi is way better than regular Sushi.
- Cake yummy delicious cake. Rory: “OK, our house is burning down, and you can save the cake or me. What do you choose?” Lorelai: “Well that’s not fair. The cake doesn’t have legs.”
- For more Gilmore Girl recipes you can always pick up the Unofficial Gilmore Girls Cook Book.
- And one thing you should never have! SALAD.
- Print your own No Cell Phone’s Sign for free from Luke’s Diner Click Here for the PDF version or download the image below, print, and hang up! It’s standard 8 1/2 by 11 paper.
- Print this Al’s Pancake World Logo to put on all of your delivered items.
- Get the complete Gilmore Girls 7 series box set… Though if you have netflix you really shouldn’t need it.
- Put out books everywhere to make it look like Rory has been there.
- Envelopes and paper: Have all of the guests make a prediction as to who Rory will end up with- Jess, Dean, Logan, a new person, no one. Seal them and open when you’ve finished the show.
- Fly your Yale Pennant proudly
Easy Event Ideas may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Hello again lovely readers. Part two of my beach theme party food series is focusing on deserts. For this party I made a beach ball cake, beach cup cakes, and a beach dessert which is blue jello and a pudding dessert. Here’s how I did it!
Beach Ball Cake
First thing you need to make a ball shaped cake is a ball shaped pan of course! You can get one of Wilton’s Sport’s Ball Pans in most craft stores or on amazon. Use your favorite cake recipe or regular old store mix and follow the directions inside the pan box for baking. It will also instruct you on cutting the cake so you can put the layers together. For the frosting if you want to pipe it like I did I would suggest making your own it stays so much better than store bought frosting and tastes better too! If you want a good frosting recipe look below:
Beach Ball Cake and Beach Cupcakes
Serving Size: 3 Cups- I would probably make at least 3 batches for your cake and cupcakes.
- 1⁄2cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon wilton clear vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk or water
- With a serrated knife, slice a small piece of cake off rounded side of one half so that, when assembled, cake will sit level.
- Ice smooth or cover this trimmed area with tip 16 white stars. Place this half with trimmed side down on serving plate. Make a dam on top of this half by squeezing out a band of icing about 3/4 in. high around the edge. With spatula, spread icing, jam, pudding or other filling in center.
- Mix your frosting with you desired food colors. Around a half a cup of frosting for each color.
- Position top half to form ball. Lightly ice cake in thinned white icing. Mark Beach Ball pattern with toothpick.
- Use tip 3, frosting bags, and white icing to outline panels of ball. If you’d like to have lines in between your colors
- Use tip 16 and a colored frosting to fill in some panels with stars.
- Continue with each panel until your ball is complete.
- Frosting under the ball is difficult I’m not going to lie!
Beach Cup Cakes
For your cupcakes use another cake mix or your favorite cake recipe and make a batch of cupcakes. For decorating your beach scenes you will need creativity and the following:
What ever you have left over you can use to make beach dessert or put out at a snack table in sand pails and let people take them home as a treat!
Beach Sand and Water Dessert
For this fun dessert I combined this sand pudding recipe and regular blue jello into a 9 x 13 in pan. To do this you first need to make your blue jello packet I used a double batch recipe. Before I poured it into my pan I placed a 9 x 8 in pan inside of my 9 x 13 in pan at one side so that I could create room for my sand. I also made my jello about 3 hrs before I started to make my sand so that it had enough time to set so I could remove the smaller pan and add my sand into the larger pan in it’s place. While the jello was setting I added Swedish Fish to the mix so that they appeared to be swimming. They didn’t hold up incredibly well and I don’t really think they were needed. After the Jello set I removed the smaller pan, cut away any jello around the edges and, I put my sand inside the dish. And decorated with all of my yummy snacks that I used for the cupcakes above. To see how to make the sand please read below.
- 1(15 ounce) package vanilla wafers
- 2 Oreo cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4cup butter
- 2⁄3cup powdered
- 2(3 1/2 ounce) packages French vanilla pudding mix
- 2 3⁄4cups milk
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- Add Vanilla Wafers and 2 Oreos to your food processor and crush until they resemble sand.
- In a smaller bowl, cream together softened 8 ounce cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar.
- In another larger bowl, mix pudding with milk.
- Add pudding mixture to the cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in all of the Cool Whip.
- Layer into your pan or into a sand pail in this order: sand, pudding, sand, pudding, etc.
- Allow to chill in fridge at least 1 hour before serving.