Season 6 of Game of Thrones returns next Sunday. If you are hosting a party for the season premier you’ve come to the right place! I’ve gone around and collected some great ideas to make your party great!!!!
Game of Thrones Season 5 Marathon
Hold a Season 5 Marathon recap before the the Season 6 Premier. If you don’t have HBO or HBO GO you’ll need to pick up Season 5 on DVD. There’s a new king, power struggles continue, Arya heads Braavos to meet the faceless man, Sansa is in a bit of a mess in her new marriage, dragons and white walkers arrive again, and well what happened to John Snow?
Game of Thrones Drink Ideas
The White Walker
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce coffee liqueur
- 1/2 cup milk
- Mix all ingredients together in a shaker and pour over ice.
It is your basic White Russian with a bit more milk to make it whiter and with ice to make it cold like the White Walkers.
The Mother of Dragons
- 3 parts Absolut Peppar
- 1 part Drambuie
- Tabasco sauce to taste
The mother of Dragons deserves a fiery drink! The tabasco mixed with the whiskey gives the shot a feminine pink color with a spicy bite.
Sansa’s Lemon Drop
- 1 1/2 ounce citrus vodka
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce sweet and sour mix
- 1 lemon
Wet the edges of the martini glass with the lemon and dip the rim in sugar. Mix the rest together in a shaker with crushed ice and pour into the glass. Garnish with a lemon slice.
A dainty drink with a bit of a sour twist. It has a little edge to it, but the sweetness of the sugar and the tartness of the lemon even it all out to be a perfect mix. You might even make a sour face like Sansa looking at Joffery
The Nights Watch
- Piping hot coffee or espresso
- 1 (or 2, whatever!) shots of coffee liqueur
- Drink while it’s hot!
The watchers on the wall work long hours and need to stay alert! So every guard could use a hot toddy!
Cerise’s Mulled Wine
- 2 bottles of red wine
- 750ml pulp-free orange juice
- 1 Tbs. cinnamon and 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 Tbs. nutmeg
- 3 1″ cubes of fresh ginger. Crush these into the wine using a garlic press.
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 3-6 heaping tablespoons of white sugar
- 2 clementines, halved (or 1 small orange)
- 1/4 of a fresh lemon, squeezed over the pot. (Optional)
- 12-20 cloves. These should be inserted stem first into the rind of the clementine so that only the buds protrude.
- 1/2 shot of brandy, cognac, or armagnac (optional, but adds a pleasant kick)
Add all of the ingredients and bring the mixture to a simmer, but do not let it boil. Stir it with a whisk often. Once it has simmered for five minutes or so, reduce the heat such that the wine is kept just below a simmer. Heat for 45 minutes and serve with a ladle.
Make sure it’s red wine the color of blood. For this evil queen!
Game of Thrones Food Ideas
- King Robert’s Boar- Baked Ham with Spicy Brown Sugar Glaze
- Joffrey’s Pigeon Pie-Chicken Pot Pie
- Theon’s Favorite Toy- Mini Hot Dogs
- Molten Golden Crown Fondue- Beer Cheese Fondue
- Little Fingers- Breadsticks or you can do Carrots with dip
- Westerous Beef and Bacon Pie- Beef and Bacon Pie
Game of Thrones Games
Want some free Game of Thrones games to play with your guests? Check out these fun games from Peach Party Love they have games and printables you can use all for free!
There are also a collections of Game of Thrones Games out there for the picking!
Check them out below:
Game of Thrones Decoration