1.) When planning that winter themed event you want your place to look the part! Which is why we recommend making the lighting just right. No matter where you are these great curtain string lights can give any party that mood lighting feel.
2.) These adorable winter place card holders can be used in multiple ways for your winter celebration! If you’re having a proper sit down dinner then they can be of course used as place card holders. If however you’re just having people meander around then they can also hold up all of your adorable holiday cards you’ve received or some cute printable holiday decorations! They are rustic yet chic!
3.) On my honeymoon I found these delicious hot chocolate on a stick in Belgium, which I promptly purchased and gave to family and friends. You add steamed milk and plop in these sticks of chocolate for a delicious winter treat. You can create a delicious hot coco station at your party and display these adorable sticks for your guests to create their own hot coco creation with their own toppings. Add some crushed candy cane, marsh mellows, and whipped cream for a delicious hot coco bar.
If you don’t want to purchase your hot chocolate on a stick you can make it! You can even add in the candy canes or marshmallows to your chocolate sticks.
4 packages Chocolate use Dark, Milk, or White (16 oz total)
1 Cup Confectioners Sugar
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
1/8 teaspoon Salt
Flavored Extract if Desired
Small Marshmallows, Crushed Candy Cane pieces, Salted Caramel (any other toppings)
- Place in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave at 70% power for 1 minute. Stir. Return at 100% power for 15 seconds. Stir and repeat until completely melted.
- In the bowl of your mixer fitted with the paddle attachment put confectioners sugar, cocoa, salt and extract if desired.
- Pour the melted chocolate on top of the dry ingredients. Mix until incorporated fully.
- Spoon into ice cube tray , silicone mold, baby food tray or a chocolate mold.
- Top with . Press popsicle stick or wooden spoon into the center.
- Let cool until hardened 1-3 hrs depending on size of mold.
- Lift your mold a few inches and drop once or twice to get the chocolate to level out.
- Check on the hot coco sticks while they are chilling to be sure that the sticks are staying centered and upright.
Acrylic Paint in your desired colors
Paper Bowls or Plates for the paint
Stencil Sheets or Stencils there are a million stencils out there for different shapes and different type of letter print so spend some time deciding what you want or create your own with stencil sheets and an X-acto Knife
If you’re not using pre cut burlap it’s good to seal your edges with some Liquid Seam
If you are sowing you will also need a sewing machine
- Gather your pre cut burlap or cut out the burlap squares. Go around the edge (about a 1/2″ in) with liquid seam prior to sewing the top if you so choose. This is to create your holes for your twine to go through. Alternatively you can glue your burlap to your twine.
- If you are sewing: Fold over the tops of the “flags” an inch and then sew across the top with a sewing machine or by hand.
- If you are using stencil sheets print or draw on them and then cut out your desired letters or shapes.
- Lay your cut flag piece on top of some news paper, plastic covering, or old cardboard to protect your surface. As paint will leak through your burlap.
- Have paper towel around to wipe excess paint off your under covering and stencil after each use.
- Center desired letter or shape in the middle of burlap flag. Use a paint sponge and paint to stencil the letter onto the burlap. Lay the paint down very thick and remove from surface to dry so that it doesn’t stick to the under covering.
- When all flags are completely dried you can begin to assemble the banner. Using an old wire hanger as a needle works well to get your jute twine through the wholes you have sewn.
5.) Set the mood with a fireplace… Oh you don’t have one? Well then throw that crackling fireplace up on the tv to watch during the party!
6.) Cooking for your holiday party? Then you need the new hit kitchen appliance! The Insta Pot combines 7 kitchen appliances in 1, Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer, prepares dishes up to 70% faster which is amazing when you are cooking for a party. It features seven smart programs for: Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Sauté/Simmer, Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, Steam, Slow Cook, Keep Warm, Yogurt, Manual, and Pressure Cook.
7.) You have to have napkins at your party so why not have golden metallic napkins to add a little holiday cheer!
8.) You also need some winter entertainment. Why not try out some holiday games that will be fun for everyone.
- Reindeer Antler Toss
- Pin the Noes on Frosty
- Humanities Hates the Holidays (for adults)
- Ugly Sweater Drinking Game (for adults)
- Christmas Tree Bowling
- Christmas Bingo
- Kids Christmas Placemats
- Kids Chanukah Placemats
- Kids New Years Placemats
- Kids Christmas Printable Game
- Kids Chanukah Printable Game
9.) Have a cookie decorating activity center! Bake a large collection of sugar cookies and leave out an abundance of frosting and sprinkles galore for your guests to decorate and then consume of course! Cookies aren’t your thing? Well then just go with cupcake decorating!
10.) Drinks Drinks and more Drinks… Got to keep your guests warm! Check out these great winter flavored drinks from Martha Stewart!