A few weeks ago a friend reached out to me to help them pull together a last minute Lego themed birthday party. I was so excited to help! Lego birthday parties are a combination of fun and imagination and I was ready to let both of them out! I don’t usually get a chance to plan younger children’s parties unless they are for my two little guys. I’m usually doing wedding’s and mitzvah’s so I jumped at the chance to help my friend out with a couple of the details!
Lego is such a fun theme for any child’s party! They allow for vibrant decorations, interactive games, and DIY activities. Lego parties are the perfect way to celebrate your little builder’s special day. In today’s post I’m going to let you know about a couple of things we did to make our party special, give you some free tools to use, and point you towards some other items that might help you plan your own lego themed party!
Set the tone for the party with creative invitations that mimic Lego bricks. You can find lots of good ones on Etsy, on digital platforms like papess post or evite. Lego also provides lots of free basic invitations on their website HERE.
Colorful Decor Delight
Set the stage for a bricktastic celebration with vibrant and eye-catching decorations. Think primary colors – red, blue, yellow, and green – that instantly transport everyone into the world of Lego. Hang banners, streamers, and balloons in these shades, creating a dynamic atmosphere that screams Lego fun from every corner of the room.
HERE is what my friend got to decorate the party! It had fun bricks we put all over the walls, balloons, table covering, plates, napkins, and cutlery! everything you could want for a party.
Have the birthday child create a centerpiece for the table using their lego bricks or display some of their favorite builds! For this party our birthday boy made a giant cake out of Legos but I forgot to take a picture so you’ll just have to use your imagination.
If you’d like to make just a couple of mini cakes lego provides plans right on their website! You can find them HERE. Or get creative like our birthday boy and design your own!
Brick Game Extravaganza
For this party I came up with a few fun activities for the guests to do! Please see them below! I am also including free images you can use for your own party here!
- LEGO GUESSING GAME – Fill a big jar with some lego’s and have guests guess how many there are as they arrive at the party. The person closest to the correct number wins. Jar cover and guessing sheet below!
- LEGO MEMORY CHALLENGE GAME – Place a lego build under a box. Have a bag with the exact same pieces there. Have the guest look under the box at the build for a certain amount of time say 30 seconds or 1 min. Then cover it back up with a box or cloth. Then the guest has to recreate the build.
- I SPY LEGO FIGURES – Hide the little mini figures all around the party area and have players collect them as they see them! Whoever has the most after the timer goes off, wins! – Can be played throughout the party individually or as a group treasure hunt. See free sign below.
- COLOR A MINI FIGURE – Have markers or crayons and these sheets out for people to color their own mini figure drawing. This is great to have at the table while guests are waiting for food or cake. Lego provides lots of free lego mini figure drawing options that can all be found HERE.
- LEGO TOWER GAME – Each group is given a set of lego’s or duplo’s of the same amount, or everyone can draw from the center pile. Each team has 2 minutes to build the tallest tower that can stand without falling.
- DESIGN YOUR OWN MINI FIGURE – Get a bunch of mini figure parts and everyone puts together their own mini figure to play with, they could even take it home as long as you play with mini figure parts the birthday kid wont miss!
- LEGO BUILD CHALLENGE – Select a card from the basket or bag. Create whatever it says to build on the card with a collection of legos in front of you. Each person takes turns. Cards and sign provided below.
- LEGO DROP GAME – For Lego drop, use small buckets or cups and have players stand on a chair (or couch if you need to). Holding the Lego by their nose, then drop it into the bucket from up high. We did this in two teams, once one player got one in from their pile the next team mate took a turn until they got one in and so on.
- LEGO CAR RACING – Groups must work together to build lego cars and then race them down a ramp. For this you need a ramp which you can build with cardboard and lego vehicle pieces (basically you need lots of wheels!
- LEGO SPOON RACE – Relay race style team game, scoop up the Lego, run it across the room to a bowl, and be the first team to finish all of them!
Click the image you want to save right click to save to desktop and then print and cut out!
Lego Cake Masterpiece
The cake is the centerpiece of any birthday party, and a Lego-themed cake is no exception. We were so lucky to get an amazing local baker La Dolce Vita to make one last minute for us!
She was event able to get these amazing additions to the cake!
Lego Movie Screening
Wrap up the festivities by screening a Lego-themed movie. Whether it’s one of the Lego Movie series or a classic animated Lego short, this cozy movie time will be a perfect way to wind down after an exciting day of brick-filled adventures.
Personalized Party Favors
Send guests home with personalized Lego-themed party favors that extend the fun beyond the celebration. Consider giving out mini Lego sets, stickers, or even custom-made keychains featuring their favorite Lego characters.
Here are a couple of my favorite Lego party favors!
- Smaller Lego Sets – you can often find bag for around $5-$6 at target but if they aren’t around you can try some of these sets: Lego Stuntz Bike, Ninjago Street Bike, Bear Stuntz Bike, City Fire Helicopter, Lego Dots Bracelet (this one would also be a fun activity to get everyone bracelets and the dots and they can design them at the party and then take them home.
- Of course some Lego Candy Lollipops!
- This fun Lego Party Straw
- You will need somewhere to put everything so lets not forget a Lego Bag
With these ideas, you’re well on your way to throwing a Lego-themed birthday party that will leave everyone with fond memories of fun, creativity, and a colorful world brought to life. So, gather those bricks and start planning for an event that’s sure to be a blockbusting hit!
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through this website. Don’t worry you don’t owe anything!