My son wanted a superhero themed party for his 3rd birthday so I got to work trying to think up some fun superhero activities. One of those activities was the Superhero Smash. Some people have made them and called them Hulk Smash. Here are the instructions to create this fun activity for yourself!
- Large flat box
- Plastic Cups or Bowls
- Tissue Paper
- Ribbon or Rubber Bands
- Wrapping paper
- Cut wholes in your box where you want your cups or bowls to go. Draw a circle of your cup bottom in the spot then cut an X slightly larger over the X. Push in the triangles and see how your cup fits in. Do this again a few more times so that everyone attending can have a prize cup.
- Cover the box with your chosen wrapping paper and then cut the wholes again.
- Place the cups in all of the wholes to make sure everything fits properly.
- Decorate the box as you see fit. I chose to cut out superhero’s and a title.
- Place the prizes in the cups.
- Cover the cups with a thin piece of tissue paper and secure with ribbon or rubber bands.
- Have fun at the party!
If you’re celebrating valentines day with some little ones this year. Why not do some fun crafts to get them in the holiday spirit! Here are a list of our favorite kid crafts that you can use to decorate for your celebration!
Valentines Day Sign Card from marthastewart.com
Create this card or large sign by making signs out of construction paper, doilies, and adhesive letters from any craft or office supply shop or Amazon. Photograph your child holding the signs, then tape the pictures to construction paper and fold the card accordion-style.
Paper Heart Wreath from thehybridchick.com
This adorable craft is made with printing photo paper but you can always use scrapbook paper or card stock to complete this adorable look. You just need a little weight to the paper and then of course the ribbon to tie it off. Check out instructions here at thehybridchick.com
Bonbon-Filled Hearts from marthastewart.com
These candy filled hearts are yummy and an adorable addition to decorate for valentines day. All you need is some card stock, a pencil, a hole punch, some ribbon, and of course candy! For instructions please check out marthastewart.com.
Paper Mailbox from simplymodernmom.com
Make and put out your very own Valentines Day mailbox for each family member to put their valentines in! Get the pattern and instructions at simplymodernmom.com.]
Flower Petal Lollypops from marthastewart.com
Put out a bowl of lolly pop flowers hand made by your kiddo’s to celebrate the holiday! Learn how to make this cute craft at marthastewart.com.
It is still winter for a little while longer even thought it’s been in the 50’s and 60’s here in Virginia! So I thought that this week I would show some of my favorite winter tablesapes! Let me know which one is your favorite in the comments or if you have one to share make sure you put yours there as well!
Rustic Organic Table Setting From A HGTV Fan
I love a natural place-card holder! This pinecone place-card holder and a bare branch, painted white, as a sculptural centerpiece are a perfect addition to the brown and green tones uses in this tablescape to represent a winter feast!
Rustic Chic from Style Me Pretty
The cranberries, crystal, and gold accents are all beautiful accents to the rustic wood table they are on. I love the use of fruit and vegetables as accents in decorating. Natural accents always a great touch!
Naked Table Adorned with White and Gold from Style Me Pretty
If you have a gorgeous wooden table why would you hide it beneath a tablecloth? This beautiful table is accented with gold touches and white flowers to bring out some lovely winter hues.
Using dried greens, walnuts, olive branches and linens to create this comforting winter tablescape really bring out the winter hues. And the hanging vintage wine bucket add something special to the design.
Again showing off a gorgeous wooden table is the way to go. Accented by a linen runner, natural greenery and these beautiful lanterns is a beautiful way to bring the feeling of winter warmth to your table.
Now that you are stuffed from your Thanksgiving Feast and your Gilmore Girl party binge. It’s time to start planning your next event! Winter is on it’s way and that means holiday parties are right around the corner. Here is your list of holiday party must haves and tips to make your party a great success!
- You don’t need to run out and buy an entire stores worth of holiday decorations for your party. You can turn your home into a beautiful winter wonderland by using things around your home and getting a little creative.
- Create a candy bar from jars you have around your home filled with yummy holiday candy treats. Include some cute take home bags for everyone to take a bit home with them.
- Place ornaments around the house not just on the tree. Spread them out for some holiday cheer. Or if you’re having a sit down affair you can always run out and buy some plain glass bulbs and write each guests name on one and use that as their place card!
- Use left over ribbon and tie it around items in the house; candles, lamps, door handles, any where they would look cute can work!
- Don’t forget to dress up the bathroom. Adding a fun holiday soap or writing a cute holiday message or putting snowflakes on the vanity are all cute ideas to dress up the loo.
- Don’t be afraid to use a little glitter here and there! You can take an ordinary candle or vase and add some beautiful silver glitter to the bottom to give it some holiday cheer. Or use it in some little jars around the table.
- Use pinecones from your front yard and dress them up with some fake snow, glitter, or gold/silver spray paint to help create a perfect winter wonderland look.
- Play some fun games. For example you could do trivia games, holiday themed scategories, name that tune, name that holiday movie, pin the noes on the snowman. Play as teams for group bonding. Games are a great way for guests to get to know one another or to become closer.
- Create a Photo Booth with fun holiday props. You don’t need to rent one if you have a Fuji Instant Camera or if you have this fun app on your iPad.
- Give out prizes to guests for random things, like finding something you’ve hidden in the room or to whomever has the most pennies on them.
- Play lots of holiday music using a holiday CD or a music streaming channel app like Pandora.
- Have a holiday movie playing in the background on the TV. Even if you have music playing it’s fun for guests to glance over and see a little Home Alone action on the TV.
- Hold a contest for most holiday spirited sweater or ugliest sweater works too.
- Coordinate a cookie exchange for the party.
- Organize a gift exchange like a White Elephant Gift Exchange.
- Create a DIY S’mores and Hot Coco Bar.
- Have a ornament decorating station both kids and adults will love to take home their own ornament.
- If kids are coming make sure that you have kid friendly activities or that all guests can partake.
- Lighting is an easy and less expensive way to dress up any party.
- Soft lighting with candles and dim lights is always a holiday party favorite.
- When in doubt add white twinkling christmas lights.
- Turn glass candleholders into stylish accessories by covering them in decorative fabric.
- DIY it and add entertainment by having a cookie exchange or a cookie decorating party, S’mores, or Hot Coco Bar.
- It’s ok to make your holiday party a pot luck. Really it is.
- If you are planning on doing the cooking decide what type of party you’re having; full sit down dinner, hour d’roves and desserts, snacks and treats, or some other combination.
- There are a million holiday food blogs out there so I am not the winning location for that information but I will say make sure that if you are having a vegetarian at your party you have enough food to fill them. Don’t make them starve with a couple of rolls and veggies…
- Incorporating your favors into your party is always a fun idea. Like doing the ornament place card or the candy bar mentioned above.
- Unless you know that all of your guests share the same religion. Keep your favors secular.
- DIY it with some of these amazing ideas from HGTV.
- If you have kids coming to your party make sure you have some kid friendly favors for little ones to take home.