Election night is coming up very quickly. In just a few days we will find out who will be our next president. And in a hotly contested election like the one we’ve been having, where the media firestorm has taken it’s toll and the election has become a media circus that it is it is no surprise that there will be many election parties happening across the country. So to get ready for that great event here are a list of must haves for your election night party!
You’ve already voted earlier in the day so why not design a fun new “voting” booth that you’re legally allowed to take photo’s in (hope you don’t go to jail JT). You can have a plain white backdrop or decorate it with some red white and blue streamers. And you can use an iPad App to take all of your photo’s in your photo booth. It can be easy and fun for your guests. Plus it will eat up some time while you wait for those results to fully come in in California.
How cute are these straws? They are perfect for your election night party! America themed so that if you have any left over you can always save them for Memorial Day or the 4th of July. They are cute and functional and that’s always a plus for any themed party! Have fun with these!!!!
These adorable hanging fans are good for both election night parties and any patriotic party. They are so cute! They could also be put together for a backdrop for your Photo Booth!
What party is complete without cups. Whether your guests are playing drinking games or not solo cups are always a great disposable drinking choice! If you are going the disposable route you might as well go with the color theme of the two major parties and get some red and blue cups!
Candidate Standees: Clinton and Trump
What party is complete without your own
Trump and Clinton Standees to pose with?
Clinton or Trump fans will love posing with their favorite candidates. Or dressing them up in feather boa’s and funny glasses always works too!
Press the button and hear Donald Trump say ridiculous things in his voice! The button includes a bunch of different phrases, including
– Hillary is a disaster
– I’m starting to get into your head
– I am the most militaristic person in this l room. I love war
– I’m crushing everybody else
– Dont be an idiot. Seriously! Don’t do it
– Let’s make America great again
– Hillary was the worst Secretary of State ever
– When I become president, I’m moving the capital to New York City
– We are going to be winning so much, you are going to get sick of it!
– You’re fired
– This is going to be huge
– Bill Clinton will be the ugliest First Lady in history
– I love women. I love them
– That’s a fantastic idea! Glad I thought of it
No election party is complete without some election theme toilet paper for your bathroom. Now this toilet paper is really only appropriate if your is party is full of anti Trump supporters but it’s still funny none the less. I mean this pose is pretty classic for some toilet paper isn’t it!
Other Election Themed Ideas:
Easy Election Day Fun
Election Day Film Fest Party
Election Day Party Ideas
Hello again lovely readers. Part two of my beach theme party food series is focusing on deserts. For this party I made a beach ball cake, beach cup cakes, and a beach dessert which is blue jello and a pudding dessert. Here’s how I did it!
Beach Ball Cake
First thing you need to make a ball shaped cake is a ball shaped pan of course! You can get one of Wilton’s Sport’s Ball Pans in most craft stores or on amazon. Use your favorite cake recipe or regular old store mix and follow the directions inside the pan box for baking. It will also instruct you on cutting the cake so you can put the layers together. For the frosting if you want to pipe it like I did I would suggest making your own it stays so much better than store bought frosting and tastes better too! If you want a good frosting recipe look below:
Beach Ball Cake and Beach Cupcakes
Serving Size: 3 Cups- I would probably make at least 3 batches for your cake and cupcakes.
- 1⁄2cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2cup softened butter
- 1 teaspoon wilton clear vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk or water
- With a serrated knife, slice a small piece of cake off rounded side of one half so that, when assembled, cake will sit level.
- Ice smooth or cover this trimmed area with tip 16 white stars. Place this half with trimmed side down on serving plate. Make a dam on top of this half by squeezing out a band of icing about 3/4 in. high around the edge. With spatula, spread icing, jam, pudding or other filling in center.
- Mix your frosting with you desired food colors. Around a half a cup of frosting for each color.
- Position top half to form ball. Lightly ice cake in thinned white icing. Mark Beach Ball pattern with toothpick.
- Use tip 3, frosting bags, and white icing to outline panels of ball. If you’d like to have lines in between your colors
- Use tip 16 and a colored frosting to fill in some panels with stars.
- Continue with each panel until your ball is complete.
- Frosting under the ball is difficult I’m not going to lie!
Beach Cup Cakes
For your cupcakes use another cake mix or your favorite cake recipe and make a batch of cupcakes. For decorating your beach scenes you will need creativity and the following:
What ever you have left over you can use to make beach dessert or put out at a snack table in sand pails and let people take them home as a treat!
Beach Sand and Water Dessert
For this fun dessert I combined this sand pudding recipe and regular blue jello into a 9 x 13 in pan. To do this you first need to make your blue jello packet I used a double batch recipe. Before I poured it into my pan I placed a 9 x 8 in pan inside of my 9 x 13 in pan at one side so that I could create room for my sand. I also made my jello about 3 hrs before I started to make my sand so that it had enough time to set so I could remove the smaller pan and add my sand into the larger pan in it’s place. While the jello was setting I added Swedish Fish to the mix so that they appeared to be swimming. They didn’t hold up incredibly well and I don’t really think they were needed. After the Jello set I removed the smaller pan, cut away any jello around the edges and, I put my sand inside the dish. And decorated with all of my yummy snacks that I used for the cupcakes above. To see how to make the sand please read below.
- 1(15 ounce) package vanilla wafers
- 2 Oreo cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4cup butter
- 2⁄3cup powdered
- 2(3 1/2 ounce) packages French vanilla pudding mix
- 2 3⁄4cups milk
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- Add Vanilla Wafers and 2 Oreos to your food processor and crush until they resemble sand.
- In a smaller bowl, cream together softened 8 ounce cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar.
- In another larger bowl, mix pudding with milk.
- Add pudding mixture to the cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in all of the Cool Whip.
- Layer into your pan or into a sand pail in this order: sand, pudding, sand, pudding, etc.
- Allow to chill in fridge at least 1 hour before serving.
I’m a big fan of using water bottle labels. I think they add a special little touch to a normal party item. They are simple and cheap to have made and so much fun! You can have them made, printed and sent to you or you download them and print them yourself. You can have generic ones or customized ones.
I have had water bottle labels at both my bachelorette and my baby shower. This shows what a fan I am! I also just designed some that I will be having at my son’s first birthday party! If you are looking for water bottle labels head over to Etsy! Even if you’re not having me design them for you chose from one of the other million mom and pop shops out there, there are a million designs to chose from for every occasion and you’re probably helping out a starving college student or a stay at home mom! There are a lot of great designs out there to chose from!
I am planning my son’s first birthday party so I apologize for the millions of posts you’ll be getting about a Beach Theme first birthday party. This week I’m going to show you my latest project Beach Theme Birthday Invitations.
I created one and then decided to go a different direction. It’s so important to have an invitation that matches your theme! It sets the mood for the whole event.
I decided to use Paperless Post to send out my invitations instead of printing and sending or creating a Facebook event. I did this for a few reasons:
- It’s free to send your own design on Paperless Post instead of paying for printing and stamps.
- I can easily get RSVP’s through the system to help me keep track of all of my attendees and who hasn’t yet RSVPed.
- I can even see who hasn’t opened up the card yet.
- I don’t have to hunt down a million mailing addresses instead all I need to do is gather up all the e-mail addresses I already have!
- I feel like this is a step above a Facebook event. While that is convenient it isn’t as formal as getting a e-vite.
- I like that Paperless Post has a million designs to chose from or I can chose to send my own design. Sending my own design through it gives it my own personalized touch.
Since I created these designs I am now also selling them on Etsy so win win. Invitation for my little man’s birthday party and another item to sell in my shop! If you’re planning a beach birthday party check out Etsy for all of the amazing designs out there and to support small businesses!
4th of July is right around the corner! So why not check out this collection of fun 4th party ideas to get you going on your planning.
Check out this free bunting banner HERE.
You can find this kids 4th of July Printable Place Mat on our Etsy Site!
Want to learn how to make this patriotic treat? Click Here
How about how to make these yummy 4th of July cookies? Click Here
These flag themed foods are so easy to make! Click here to find out more
This flag is so easy to make find out more Click Here.