I am not the best cook, I fully admit that. I am also an extremely picky eater and vegetarian. So when it’s time to go or host to a potluck brunch I need to make something I know I will be able to eat. Just in case no one else brings anything I can eat. Muffins are my go to Potluck Brunch creation. One of my favorite muffins are actually the lemon raspberry ones my husband makes; but they are harder to make, take longer, and are more expensive. Since I buy banana’s normally and then have a tendency to let them go bad I just freeze them so that when a potluck brunch comes around I can make this yummy treat!
The recipe I prefer is from All Recipe I promise they are easy to make and absolutely delicious! One of the amazing things that All Recipes does is it allows you to change the serving size and it adjusts the ingredients appropriately. Go to the website to change your serving size.
- 11/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
Crumble Topping Ingredients
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
Enjoy everyone! Let us know what your favorite Potluck brunch treats are in the comments section!